Go Back World Wide Knights Forums > Site Forums > Site News And Announcements > Forum and Site Usage Tips > Importance of Giving Good, Eloborate, Long, Informative and Relevant Titles to Your New Threads

Welcome to the Castle of World Wide Knights in which Honour, Justice, Wisdom, Courtesy, Bravery, Friendliness and other knightly virtues rule as our Life Style! Are these virtues important in your life too? You are invited to join our community and become a World Wide Knight!

Importance of Giving Good, Eloborate, Long, Informative and Relevant Titles to Your New Threads Importance of Giving Good, Eloborate, Long, Informative and Relevant Titles to Your New Threads

Old 22nd August 2007, 04:33   #1
Logician
Holder of the Castle Key

Appreciated: 1
Default Importance of Giving Good, Eloborate, Long, Informative and Relevant Titles to Your New Threads

It is a general forum etiquette to post a good, long, relevant and comprehendible TITLE to new threads created in any forums.

For instance the titles like
  • Help Me!
  • Read This
  • Important
  • What do you think
  • A question
  • Need ideas
etc. are inappropriate titles as they don't recap the subject of your forum post.

Likewise short and very general titles are also considered inappropritate like:
  • Computer problem
  • Movie
  • My child
They are unuseful because they are too general and does not give a good clue to reader what this thread is about without reading it. For instance in "computer problem" titled thread you can be asking a question OR giving a name of person who is good at fixing such problems OR describing the solution of a problem OR suggestion a new site about computer problems OR even sharing a joke about the subject. Due you the general aspect of your title, this is very unclear.

Instead of these, long and relevant titles which summerize what your post is about are expected to be used. For instance:
  • My aunt from Dallas, TX needs a good brain surgeon, do you have any recommendations?
  • I found this new fantasy literature related site, check it out.
  • My 12 year old is too lazy and failing in school, do you have any suggestions
etc. are very good titles.

Because when one reads the title, she can easily understand what that thread is about and whether it interests her or not. So she doesn't have to enter the thread and lose time to read it fully to see if it applies to her or not.

Moreover elaborate titles also increases the position of that thread in search engines like Google or Yahoo so brings more relevant visitors to that subject who search these keywords in search engines. Short and irrelevant titles will fail on this too.

So please use relevant, long, descriptive, informative and eloborate titles to your new threads. Both in WWK and in all other forums you are member of.

Ps. Giving good titles to new posts applies for NEW THREADS ONLY, and not important when you reply an existing thread.
Logician is offline   [Reply to This Message]